All Images copyrighted by Bonnie J. Smith and not to be used without permission!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

                           CHOPPED BEEF DIP, TEXAS STYLE

Well the Texan is coming out in me that is for sure! One of the dishes for Christmas Eve is Chopped Beef Dip! I first heard and tasted this recipe in Houston when I lived in that great city many years ago. Mix-
1 c. sour cream
1 (8oz) cream cheese, I will add 4oz. extra to my recipe
1/4 cup of milk
1 package or jar chipped beef
2 or 3 chopped green onions including tops
Dash hot sauce
White pepper to taste

Bake  at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.  Naturally in Houston one would put pecans on top to toast!
Spread on crackers and enjoy, Ritz just might be the best bet for this dip!

Merry Christmas from the Smith Family in San Jose, California

WELL! I have to tell you the Christmas Eve "Chipped Beef Dip"
was a hit!   Lots of YUMs! My good friend Barbara Beardsley gave me a bottle of  "Courvoisier", we made Champagne Cocktails for dinner and the cocktail hour, so good!  Thanks Barbara!

No comments:

Post a Comment