All Images copyrighted by Bonnie J. Smith and not to be used without permission!

Saturday, August 1, 2020

2020 Festival of Quilts

I was asked to participate in the 2020 Festival of Quilts that normally takes pleace in Birmingham, United Kingdom. This is very much an honor as I had taken my "Swimming Upstream" series to the Festival in 2017. Fortunately, I was just wrapping up a new series titled "Drought". You can see my new textile series at https://www.thefestivalofquilts.co.uk/beyond-foq-dynamic-galleries/ . This is a totally on line quilt festival as you will see when you click into the link. My textile series is in the "Dynamic Gallery" section. This is definitely cutting edge. I have created an audio so you can listen to the story of how the series was conceptualized or you may read along.  Below is one of the textiles from the "Drought" series titled "Before and After the Drought". 52 x 54 inches.
photography: Deb & Mike Wong 

No comments:

Post a Comment