All Images copyrighted by Bonnie J. Smith and not to be used without permission!

Monday, July 31, 2017

Permanent Collection, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles

Two of my textile artworks are now in the permanent collection of the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles!  What a day! It was such a wonderful feeling to make that trip to the Museum last Tuesday.
They asked for "Color x 3" and "Upward and Onward".  Nancy Bavor the new Art Director at the Museum is working on expanding the collections which for me says, "one day that museum needs to be larger and living in Silicon Valley I believe we have to have a donor that can make that dream come true". The museum is great and wonderful right now but living in the Valley I believe it is time for someone to step up to the plate and say, I want to make this Museum even larger, let me be the one to fund this project".
"Upward and Onward, Little Swimmers" 68h x 36w, Collection San Jose Museum of Quilt & Textiles, photo Spring Mountain Gallery, HMB
"Color x 3", 48h x 49w, Collection of San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, photo Luke Mulks

No comments:

Post a Comment