All Images copyrighted by Bonnie J. Smith and not to be used without permission!

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Water Bubbles

My "Water Bubbles #1" was juried into SAQA's vitural exhibit Land Art: From the From the Forest to Your Balcony! 

The virtual exhibit will be up until the end of the year. I have been working on this project for a couple of years. Actually this project started casually by dipping fabric that was tied in the shibori method into my Indigo Bath. As many of my projects are created I can start blindly with just a feeling and the project evolves with time. I love this process as it lends itself to so much personal discovery. The total different sites I worked on probably were well over fifteen. The story behind "Water Bubbles" is a fun playful one. 
In the spring of 2021 an article I wrote about the playfulness of the inspiraion will be published.
Once the article is published I will do a update. Who knows what I will have been able to add to this project by then. Below is a detail of "Water Bubbles".


No comments:

Post a Comment