All Images copyrighted by Bonnie J. Smith and not to be used without permission!

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Spring Has Sprung

Spring is here and Visions Museum, San Diego, Ca. has its new on line exhibit titled "Spring" on line.
My textile "In Full Bloom" was chosen for this exhibit and it really fits the theme. click here

The idea for this textile came from a bouquet of roses my husband gave me. Every morning when I gazed at them I was surprised at how they kept blooming larger and larger. I then knew I had to create an art work about this beautiful bouquet. This textile was also exhibited one year at the Houston Quilt Festival, Houston, Texas also at the Pacific International Quilt Festival, Santa Clara, California. It brings me joy just looking at it. 

Hope you enjoy it also.
photo by Luke Mulks

No comments:

Post a Comment